Alumni who visit the campus may search the Library Catalog
, connect to online article indexes and electronic texts, consult books, journals and other materials, attend a Library training session, and obtain basic information/reference assistance.
Alumni Library Card
The Library's resources are at their disposal for their personal and professional development.
To obtain a Library card, the visitor must complete and print the application form and submit it to the Circulation Desk with two passport-size photographs, a proof of identity and a non-refundable subscription fee of 150,000 L.L.
Library Services for Alumni
USEK Alumni may:
- Seek research assistance and use material at the three USEK Library branches.
- Borrow up to three (3) items for a period of 14 days (refer to Borrowing section).
- Access the private, special and rare collections.
- Access almost all databases and e-journal collections by logging in to any library computer at the three USEK Library branches.
- Logon to the computers in the three USEK Library branches.
- Activate a printing account.
- Make use of the photocopier upon the purchase of a USEK photocopy card.
- Place a request for duplication (refer to Reprography Services).
Restrictions for non-USEK members:
The following services are not available:
1. Interlibrary loan and intercampus loan
2. Course reserve materials
3. Selected software
4. Certain media materials
5. Recall of materials checked out by other users
6. Remote access to subscription databases: licensing agreements between the USEK Library and proprietors of certain databases strictly limit off-site use to current USEK students, faculty, and staff.
End of Subscription
Cards have to be returned to the Circulation Desk at the end of the subscription period. There is a replacement fee for lost cards. Payment must be for the exact full amount due.
Staff at the Reference Desk will be pleased to provide directional help in finding material within the Library. A number of printed guides to Library resources and services are freely available and information about services can be found on the Library Web pages.
Change of Address
It is the responsibility of the alumnus to keep the Library informed of any address changes. Library fines will not be waived if he/she fails to notify the Libraries of a change of address. An alumnus can update his/her address with library staff at the Circulation Desk in the USEK Main library.
Rules and regulations of the USEK Library are to be respected. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges. Membership is discretionary and the Administration reserves the right to refuse applications from membership without redress.
The Library is responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of a borrower's transactions and for providing an environment conducive for research.