Users must present an ID card, valid for the current semester, to borrow library and intercampus loan material. Only the owner of a Library-registered ID is authorized to borrow material on his or her card. The Library is not responsible of any outcome arising from the unauthorized use of a library card.
Material may be renewed twice by presenting the materials at the Circulation Desk. Material should be presented before the due date.
Material will be re-issued unless:
- It is requested by another borrower.
- It has reached the renewal limit.
Any item checked out can be recalled before its original due date by the Library, in order to make sure that as many users as possible get access to the material they need. Sometimes when there is great demand and few resources, the material will then be placed on reserve.
All eligible borrowers can reserve material already on loan, either at the Library or online.
1. At the Library: place a reservation by passing your USEK ID card over the RFID reader or by entering your ID number and password.
2. For online reservations: enter your ID number and password.
Users are fully responsible for all library material issued on their card.
1. Late or Overdue Items: Fines for regular loans are 500 L.L. per item / per day for material for the first five days. The fine increases to 2,000 L.L. per item / per day for material from day 6 onwards.
2. Course Reserves Items: Fines for Course Reserves Items are 1,500 L.L. per item/per hour up to a maximum of 20,000 L.L.
3. Late Recalls: If a user disregards an early recall from the Library a fine of 1,000 L.L. per item / per day is charged.
4. Lost or Damaged Material: In the event that an item is lost, the Library will charge the cost of the item plus a 10 % processing fee per item. If a lost item is found and returned within 90 days the cost of the item will be refunded. However, if the material is an old item and cannot be replaced, the user is fined twice the amount of the item.
Overdue payments are currently to be paid in cash at the Circulation Desk.
If a user has questions about this policy or a library charge, they can contact the Library Administration.
Failure to Clear Library Fines: Users who have overdue materials or outstanding fines will lose borrowing privileges, including borrowing Course Reserves Items, until cleared. The user will be blocked from borrowing if the material is not returned within 30 days of the second overdue notice. The user’s borrowing privileges will not be reactivated until the item(s) is/are returned and charges paid in full.
Continued failure to clear library charges will result in denial of permission to register, receive grades and transcripts, and ultimately, to graduate.
Notices: Users will receive four notices:
1. Two days before loan is due.
2. Two days after regular loan was due.
3. Seven days after regular loan was due.
4. Thirty one days after regular loan was due.
Notices are emailed to user’s official USEK email address. User is responsible for checking that email account or automatically forwarding emails are sent to his/her off-campus email account.