Founded by the Lebanese Maronite Order (LMO), USEK provides the monks of the Order access to the Library and use of its collection for their study and research.
OLM Monks Library Card
To obtain a Library card, OLM Monks must complete and print the application form and submit it to the Circulation Desk with two passport-size photographs and proof of current address.
Library Services for the OLM Monks
OLM Monks may:
1. Seek research assistance and use material at the three USEK Library branches.
2. Borrow up to ten (10) items for a period of 28 days (refer to Borrowing
3. Access the private, special and rare collections.
4. Access almost all databases and e-journal collections by logging in to a library computer at the three USEK Library branches.
5. Logon to the computers in the three USEK Library branches.
6. Activate a printing account.
7. Make use of the photocopier upon the purchase of a USEK photocopy card.
8. Place a request for duplication (refer to Reprography
Restrictions for non-USEK members:
The following services are not available:
1. Interlibrary loan and intercampus loan
2. Course reserve materials
3. Selected software
4. Certain media materials
5. Recall of materials checked out by other users
6. Remote access to subscription databases: licensing agreements between the USEK Library and proprietors of certain databases strictly limit off-site use to current USEK students, faculty, and staff.
End of Subscription
Cards have to be returned to the Circulation Desk at the end of the subscription period. There is a replacement fee for lost cards. Payment must be for the exact full amount due.
Staff at the Reference Desk will be pleased to provide directional help in finding material within the Library. A number of printed guides to Library resources and services are freely available and information about services can be found on the Library Web pages.
Change of Address
It is the responsibility of the OLM Monk to keep the Library informed of any address changes. Library fines will not be waived if he fails to notify the Libraries of a change of address. An OLM Monk can update his address with library staff at the Circulation Desk in the USEK Main library.
Rules and regulations
of the USEK Library are to be respected. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges. Membership is discretionary and the Administration reserves the right to refuse applications from membership without redress.
The Library is responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of a borrower's transaction and for providing an environment conducive for research.