Manage my references
When you engage in research, it is important that you think critically, conduct your online research correctly, using sources appropriately showing that your work reflects your thoughts and that you are not trying to claim the ideas of others and present them as your own.
As you proceed in your research, keep records of the books and articles that you have used. Management reference tools can alleviate this task by helping you to keep track of all your references in an orderly manner.
Below please find a list of software to help you manage your references:
RefWorks is a powerful online research management, writing and collaboration tool designed to help researchers at all levels easily gather, organize, store and share all types of information and to instantly generate citations and bibliographies.
You need to create an account to be able to use Refworks from on and off-campus. To create an account:
1. Go to Refworks
2. Click on Sign Up for a New Account.
3. Enter the appropriate information and click on Create Account.
to access the Refworks 2.0 Advanced Workbook that guides you step by step through different Refworks tasks.
EndNote Web is a web-based software for storing and managing references. You can use EndNote Web to save references, insert citations into word-processed documents and automatically compile lists of references in a range of formats. EndNote Web is available without charge to all USEK members once they have registered to use it.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
Mendeley can help you:
- Automatically generate bibliographies
- Collaborate easily with other researchers online
- Easily import papers from other research software
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Access your papers from anywhere online
- Read papers on the go, with the new Mendeley iPhone app
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. Zotero automatically senses content, allowing you to add it to your personal library with a single click.
Citavi Free is a starter edition and is ideal for testing small solo and team projects up to 100 references. Citavi supports the entire research process - from searching for sources to finishing your paper.
CiteULike is a free service for managing and discovering scholarly references.
CiteULike can help you:
- Easily store references you find online
- Discover new articles and resources
- Provide automated article recommendations
- Share references with your peers
- Find out who’s reading what you’re reading
- Store and search your PDFs
For further instructions on how to manage your references, please visit USEK Library’s Reference Desk or contact us at email@example.com.